Please arrive 5-10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. This will allow you to catch your breath, have a drink of water or herbal tea and to finish any necessary paperwork.
In the event that you arrive late, I will make every effort to provide you with as complete a treatment as possible. Such treatment, however, may be shorter than a regular session. If you arrive more than 20 minutes late for your scheduled appointment, I may have to reschedule you appointment for another time, depending on my schedule. If I have to rescheduled your appointment due to a late arrival of more than 20 minutes, you will be responsible for 50% of the appointment fee.
Sometime I fall behind on my schedule and may have to start your treatment later than your scheduled appointment time. In such cases I will make sure that you receive a full session.
Respect Other Patients:
Please be respectful to other patients by keeping the noise level down. This include cell phone ringing as well as waiting room conversations. Treat others like you want them to treat you and respect their right to privacy and peacefulness.
How to Prepare for Your Treatment session:
You can come to your treatment in your street-clothes if you like. However, I prefer that you wear loose fitting clothing such as a t-shirt or tank top and shorts. You can bring those with you and change at the beginning of the treatment session. In many cases I will need access to body area that are covered with clothing and you may have to remove some clothing articles. I will always have a drape available for your privacy and comfort.
Please be sure to eat something on the day of your appointment but refrain from eating a large and heavy meal immediately before your treatment. Please also refrain from consuming large doses of caffeine before your treatment as it may have an adverse effect on the results of the treatment.
I am committed to provide you with the best possible care, and pleased to discuss my professional fees with you at any time. Your clear understanding of my financial policy is important to our professional relationship. Please ask if you have any questions regarding my fees, policy, or your responsibility.
- Deductibles, co-pays, and non-covered charges are due at time of service.
- Full payment is due at time of service or upon receipt of ‘balance due’ after insurance reimbursement.
- I accept payment in cash or check.
- There is a $25.00 charge for returned checks.
- It is your responsibility to know your insurance deductible, co-pay, referral, and pre-authorization requirements for acupuncture sessions.
- You must notify me immediately of any changes to your insurance.
- I will make any effort possible to help you receive maximum benefit from your insurance. However, if I am unable to receive reimbursements from your insurance the payment for the balance due is your responsibility.
- You will be responsible for payment of the full fee for the sessions unless you cancel at least 24 hours inadvance. Payment for missed sessions must be made before any further appointments are made.